I love to share the love… and my last few blogs were wrapped up in my own personal travels and creations; but since September I have also been perusing a variety of other artists and purchasing a few “items” here and there…
Every September hosts the Northumberland Studio Tour. This year I checked out Susan McDonald (that’s her pottery below), Kathryn McHolm, and Terry MacDonald. October brought the “Port Hope Art Connection” (which included the Pamela Tate Gallery), and Cobourg’s “Harvest Festival.” Oh my goodness- just too much to see, do and buy! I have been itching to get one of Jennifer Trefiak‘s new Ink works… and ended up buying two (images above). I also, finally, met Krista Goddard of Dragonfly Studio (gorgeous and unique jewellery).
I was sad to miss the grand opening of “Out of The Darkness” in Port Hope, but was fortunate to meet with Graeme Lawson and discuss a bit about his art currently on display at Coffee Public (FYI – best dark roast coffee in town). His bold work is worth the stop in Port Hope (his painting posted below).
Last week, an artist I’ve been following from British Columbia, Joni Young, put a few of her pieces up for sale online. Two I had inquired about months ago showed up in a post, and although one had sold I was very happy to purchase the other! I try to buy one piece of original art a year, and it’s never an easy decision or process because there are too many artists I love, and sometimes the prices are just out of my budget. This was divine timing for me!
With Christmas coming, I just thought it might be nice to share a few events happening in Northumberland during November and December. Go find an original gift for someone you love this year:
- Every Saturday from 8am – 1pm until December 23rd you can peruse the Cobourg Farmer’s Market for a variety of unique gifts. They are more then just food – there’s a ton of artisans too.
- November 3rd – 4th “Festival of the Arts” hosted by Spirit of the Hills
- November 10th – 12th Pamela Tate’s “Holiday Gift Market“
- November 17th – 19th Kathryn McHolm’s “A Harvest of Christmas Delights” (see image below for more details)
- November 25th “Christmas at St.Mark’s“
- December 2 -3 “Practically Potty – Studio Open House“
- December 16th (this is my own show!) Canada: The Provinces & Territories
Looking for local art? Check out these galleries and cafe’s:
- Northumberland Art Gallery
- The Human Bean
- 66 King
- Art Emporium
- Coffee Public
- Caper’s Restaurant (see image below for current details)