Retrospection is the contemplation of the past; a survey of past time or events. Before Covid-19 hit, I had already made the conscious decision to take a break from art events. I still wanted to paint and create, but not with deadlines, and definitely not for too many shows, events, or collaborations. Then Covid-19 hit, and alllllll the events were cancelled anyways.
During 2020 I wrapped up a few old projects, deepened my work in oils, and just last month I completed two custom paintings. I feel creatively revived!
More recently I was reflecting on the past, feeling grateful for all the events I was able to participate in during 2019:
- January: Spirit of the Hills: Northumberland Hills Hospital, Cobourg
- May: Colborne Art Gallery 7th juried show, Colborne
- May: Art Gallery Northumberland’s “Shop on 3” wall take-over, Cobourg
- July: Waterfront Festival, Spirit of the Hills booth, Cobourg
- November: Parrott Gallery Juried Show, Belleville
- November: St.Mark’s Christmas Market, Port Hope
- December: Shannon’s Studio Show, Port Hope
2020 has been quiet, but a much needed break to help me refocus and revive. I completed a variety of oil paintings, and had enough new work to create a 2021 Calendar; and have been working hard recently to design some new merchandise for Christmas (magnets, bags, and mugs).