Retrospection is the contemplation of the past; a survey of past time or events. Before Covid-19 hit, I had already made the conscious decision to take a break from art events. I still wanted to paint and create, but not with deadlines, and definitely not for too many shows, events, or collaborations. Then Covid-19 hit, and alllllll the events were cancelled anyways.
During 2020 I wrapped up a few old projects, deepened my work in oils, and just last month I completed two custom paintings. I feel creatively revived!
More recently I was reflecting on the past, feeling grateful for all the events I was able to participate in during 2019:
- January: Spirit of the Hills: Northumberland Hills Hospital, Cobourg
- May: Colborne Art Gallery 7th juried show, Colborne
- May: Art Gallery Northumberland’s “Shop on 3” wall take-over, Cobourg
- July: Waterfront Festival, Spirit of the Hills booth, Cobourg
- November: Parrott Gallery Juried Show, Belleville
- November: St.Mark’s Christmas Market, Port Hope
- December: Shannon’s Studio Show, Port Hope
2020 has been quiet, but a much needed break to help me refocus and revive. I completed a variety of oil paintings, and had enough new work to create a 2021 Calendar; and have been working hard recently to design some new merchandise for Christmas (magnets, bags, and mugs).
Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Instagram to get regular art updates! Email me (Jenni) at firstname.lastname@example.org for any art inquiries (custom work or to order any merch).