Adventures in Art | Summer 2019

Summer has just begun but holy moly with a bang! At the end of June I wrapped up a huge custom painting, which was fun but also very challenging (it was a surprise gift, so very little communication was made during the process). I was  happy  to  hear  it  was  a hit! Then at theContinue reading “Adventures in Art | Summer 2019”

Cobourg AGN & Waterfront Festival

ART GALLERY NORTHUMBERLAND (AGN) Museum Day weekend celebrations went wonderfully at the Art Gallery Northumberland. Thank you to everyone who came out! Great news, the shop asked to keep my work up for a few more weeks; so you can go see my “wall take over” until mid-June! If you want to check us out,Continue reading “Cobourg AGN & Waterfront Festival”

Revival of the Arts

I finally broke through my art-funk last week, when I had a night alone and decided to work in the oil paints I’ve avoided forever. I used some of my most simple beach photographs and applied that simplicity to the paintings:   I finished two acrylics from my Ontario collection, and continue to work onContinue reading “Revival of the Arts”

New Year New Plans

2018 has been pretty amazing. I have sold 12 of 13 paintings from my Canada series (the final one left is Saskatchewan, if you’re interested); I have put plans in the works for a future (art) trip to Iceland (Check out my Facebook Page: Jennifer Anne Burke, The Iceland Project); and Jennifer Trefiak and IContinue reading “New Year New Plans”

Creative Christmas!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to swing by the Christmas Market, say hello, and pick up some special gifts for friends and family. I love meeting new people, and chatting with old friends. All support is so appreciated! I am happy to say a variety of paintings went to new homes (3Continue reading “Creative Christmas!”

Annual Winter Art Show

Come say hello! Saturday, November 24th 9:30am – 2:30pm St.Mark’s Church / 51 King Street / Port Hope Each year I host a private art show in December, but this year I am trying something new. You can find me at St.Mark’s Holiday Market, with a variety of other artists and artisans. IfContinue reading “Annual Winter Art Show”

When Art Becomes Work

It has been a very interesting month for me. As I’ve mentioned, I have a show to set up in Campbellford the first week in May, and I’ve been trying to tie up a lot of loose ends on old works of art, and have also been pulling old pieces back out to sell. ThisContinue reading “When Art Becomes Work”

Under An Arctic Sky

I finally watched this documentary, by Chris Burkard. It had been calling me for awhile, but I didn’t take the initiative to watch it until someone else had, and they suggested I check it out. MIND BLOWN. Go watch it. As an artist, those pristine landscapes are a dream (I’m working on a new NorthernContinue reading “Under An Arctic Sky”

Painting Progress!

Today was a glorious day. I woke up before the sun, with a crescent moon in view. Spend the morning with the windows open: cleaning, purging and organizing house. Went for a beach stroll in the afternoon, which re-energized me for an afternoon of painting.     I can finally say I’m satisfied with thisContinue reading “Painting Progress!”

The Scattered Mind

February already eh? F*ck.     I’m not gonna lie, January has felt like a shit show, and I know I am not the only person who feels this way! Weather has been fluctuating, moods have been fluctuating, and my mind has been all over the map. My appetite and sleep patterns have been aContinue reading “The Scattered Mind”