The 2017 Art Journey

THANK YOU What an incredibly creative year. 2017 brought seven custom projects, prints selling in a Nova Scotia Art Gallery, two successful art shows, my first calendar project; it also brought more depth and meaning to my work.   Canada: The Provinces and Territories was a wonderful success. I have now sold 8 out ofContinue reading “The 2017 Art Journey”

Bittersweet Completion

It’s hard to believe I’m coming to the end of this three-and-a-half month stretch of painting for my Canada Project and show.  Bittersweet. What an artistic learning curve this project has been. I made sure to give myself LOTS of time to explore these landscapes, because I wanted to add depth to my work andContinue reading “Bittersweet Completion”

Annual Christmas Art Show

CANADA: THE PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES 3rd Annual Christmas Show St. Mark’s Church Port Hope, Ontario Saturday, December 16th 12:30 – 4:30 PM This will be a joyful afternoon of exploring Canada through Artistic Landscapes. The original paintings will be for sale: 13 canvases (12 x 16 inches, gallery canvas), each one represents a province orContinue reading “Annual Christmas Art Show”

Canada Project: The Photos

Although I did not get as much painting done this week as I had planned, I did put together the portfolio of photos and summaries for the show. I also had 20 prints made of “Alberta Skies” ($15 each or $20 includes shipping), and cards of “West Wind Rushing In” ($5 each or 5 forContinue reading “Canada Project: The Photos”

Art Events in Northumberland

I love to share the love… and my last few blogs were wrapped up in my own personal travels and creations; but since September I have also been perusing a variety of other artists and purchasing a few “items” here and there… Every September hosts the Northumberland Studio Tour. This year I checked out SusanContinue reading “Art Events in Northumberland”

Art in Nova Scotia

I am proud and excited to say, my art prints have made it to Round Hill Studio in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. This is a studio that just opened in November 2016, and I’ve been eagerly watching their progress and events on Facebook (somewhat jealous we do not have this sort of art community hereContinue reading “Art in Nova Scotia”

The Provinces and Territories | Canada Project

I’ve had an idea brewing for a while now, about a Canada painting project. The idea solidified when I saw this image floating around the internet: This photo blew my mind about Canada. I instantly wanted to hop in the car and drive as fast as possible to Twillingate, Newfoundland Labrador. Of course, this wasContinue reading “The Provinces and Territories | Canada Project”

Canadian Custom Art | Rocky Mountains

Last year a friend of mine drove through the Rocky Mountains with her family (one year after I started pumping out my Jasper paintings)… when she returned and shared her photos, I asked to use one to do a line drawing. Which I did, and gifted to her shortly after. This year, right before myContinue reading “Canadian Custom Art | Rocky Mountains”

Summer Fun

Another art show was a success; and as always I’m left feeling so grateful and humbled from it. Last year our show “Earth and Sky”  brought friends out from Toronto to Belleville. This year our show “Vast Lands” brought old friends, some who I hadn’t seen in over a decade! I even met a newContinue reading “Summer Fun”

The Invitation

Sometimes, as an artist, as soon as you see something, you know you need to paint it. In November 2016 I was walking towards “The Hoodoos” but it wasn’t them that had gotten my attention- it was off in the distance, in the smooth cream coloured rolling rocks, it looked like a woman walking intoContinue reading “The Invitation”