Written by Shannon
My approach to painting comes from deep within. When painting I tap into memory, lived experiences and a vivid imagination to create beautiful impressionistic images. My work is inspired by my love of horses and the beautiful, messy nature of life. The connection between my paint brush, textured acrylic’s and canvas is grounding and a sensory expression of experiences.
I live in Port Hope by the river with my love bug lab named Zoey. I moved here in 2012 and quickly fell in love with it! Since calling Port Hope home, I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful individuals, each one welcoming me into the community and leaving a footprint of humanness, connection and authenticity. I see art and life as perfectly imperfect and seek to experience connection with others through the simplicity of being present and visually enraptured in an eternal moment in time. I cannot imagine life without art and community in Port Hope.
Presently, Lines in the Sand is being showcased at Ganaraska Art and Framing in Port Hope, and some select pieces are in my home studio. When not painting for fun or an art show I paint commissioned pieces by request.
Previous Publications and Events:
- Published, Canadian General Investments Limited, 2020 Annual Report
- Art Show, Shannon’s Studio, 2019
- Published, Canadian General Investments Limited, 2019 Annual Report
- Northumberland Hills Studio Tour, 2019
- Published, Canadian General Investments Limited 2018 Annual Report
- Represented by Art Emporium by the River, Port Hope ON 2017 to 2018
FB Page: Shannon Wood Art
Instagram: shannon_wood_ art
Please follow my social media accounts for upcoming events and work!